You Can Get IRCTC Train Running Status Here. You Have To Enter your 5 Digit Train number. You can check your Train Running Status with a Single Click after Entering the Train Number.Check PNR Status
*Please bookmark(Press Ctrl + D) and add our website to your favorites so you can find us easily next time.
About Indian Railways
The Indian Railways is a giant network covering about 63,140 route kms passing through the length and breadth of the country. In reality, Indian Railways is the largest railway system in the world to be functioning under a single management. The railways has been divided into different zones for the purpose of better management, however, the process of booking trains or the railway reservations has been kept centrally computerized. Indian railways occupy a superior position in comparison to other transport system being cost effective mode. Indian Railways is equally important mode used for freight transfer as well. The simple reason behind this is that it is the most affordable, convenient and well connected network. With a huge number of trains and thousands of railway stations across the nation, The IRCTC or Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Limited, tries its best to maintain the train schedule and timings as far as possible. Better safety standards, lower environmental hazards and low train fare are also ensured by the system.
Here is a list of major Indian Railway zones:
- Central Railways Zone
- Eastern Railways Zone
- Northern Railways Zone
- Southern Railways Zone
- Western Railways Zone
The following are the popular and demanded trains from Indian Railways:
- Rajdhani Trains
- Duronto Trains
- Shatabdi Trains
- Janshatabdi Trains
- Garibrath and Yuva Trains
Indian Railways Fare in various classes
- Second class sitting is one of the cheapest travels one can avail from Indian railways.
- Sleeper is the second cheapest class.
- Next is AC chair car which provides complete comfort during journey in the air conditioned compartments.
- Ac 3 tier is the fourth cheapest class of travel with air conditioned compartment and with a sleeper seat.
- AC 2 tier is the fifth cheapest class of travel with air conditioned compartment and is much more lavish than 3 tier.
- Executive class is the most expensive of all. There are all provisions of AC 2 tier including food.